HOTEL MANAGEMENT DIPLOMA // 3 YEARS
- Level : Undergraduate
- Duration: 3 years (3 academic semesters + 3 internship semesters)
- Intakes: January/February and July/August
- Accreditation: New England Association of Schools & Colleges, USA
This 3-year Hotel Management Diploma Program is open to students, ages 18 or over, who have completed a full secondary education. It is designed to provide fast track access to entry-level employment. It alternates between 3 semesters of intensive academic study at the school, and 3 semesters completing professional supervised internships at hotels and hospitality establishments in Spain and abroad. The Hotel Management Diploma program is delivered entirely in English. Coursework focuses on administration and management, culinary arts, and guest relations. Students have progression opportunity towards a bachelor degree within the institution.
Semester 1: Hotel Operations I (HOI)
Your first semester of study will prepare you to successfully fulfill functions of various "Front-of-the-House" departments of national and international restaurants or hotels. You'll receive an extended introduction to the hospitality field and develop your ability to assume responsibilities. Your coursework may also focus on foreign language training-especially listening, understanding and speaking-computer applications and general management subjects, and housekeeping.
Semester 2: Internship (5-6 months)
For this first internship, you will put into practice the basics you will have learnt and will get a feel for the industry. This first work experience is at operational level either in service (restaurant, bars, room service) or in Rooms Division (Front office, housekeeping).
Semester 3: Hotel Operations II (HOII)
This semester of study builds on the skills that you have already developed by preparing you to fulfill duties of various "Back-of-the-House" departments, such as Kitchen, Pastry and Bakery. The practical aspect will incorporate operational details as well as the basics of supervision and management. You will build on the foreign language skills you learned in Semester 1, and will continue to study various liberal arts and management subjects.
Semester 4: Hotel Operations III (HOIII)
This final Hotel Operations semester will prepare you to fulfill the managerial functions of the principal departments of a national or international hotel or restaurant. Your training will incorporate operational details, but an emphasis will be placed on supervisory and managerial principles. You will continue to enhance the foreign language skills developed in Semesters 1 and 3.
Semester 5: Internship (5-6 months)
During your second internship, you will work in a professional kitchen environment that will develop your understanding of Culinary Arts as well as various skills such as working under pressure, managing your time and communicating.
Semester 6: Internship (5-6 months)
This last internship is generally in Administration & Management and gives the opportunity to take decision, come up with new strategies for a particular project or department and often opens the door to a permanent position.
NOTE: Students can complete their last internship after semester 3 rather than after semester 5, subject to the Academic Director’s approval.
Associate Degree in Hotel Management Program
Please note: the course titles listed in this academic program are guidelines and are subject to change at any time.
|Program:||Hotel Management Diploma|
|Duration:||3 years (6 semesters)|
|Internships:||3 (5 to 6 months)|
|Intakes:||January and August|
|Language of instruction:||
|Qualification:||To have completed a full secondary education.|
|English level:||TOEFL score of 500|
|Accreditation:||New England Association of Schools & Colleges, USA|
ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2013
- Normally 18 years old and above. Students can be under that age provided they are 18 years old by the time they start their 1st internship.
- A completed application form with all pertinent attachments and a non-refundable application fee of 300 Euros.
- An official copy of your High School Diploma or equivalent. Students must have completed their full higher secondary education (IB, A Levels, 2º Bachillerato, Abitur, Baccaulareate, Gymnasium, or the High School Diploma) or at least six years of secondary education and provide evidence, supported by complete information on the school, including school transcript and/or certificate of public examination (including an explanatory note of the grading system).
- A complete CV. Pre-Study Plan brief essay stating the reasons why you choose to study Hospitality Management at Les Roches Marbella. Post Study Plan stating your future professional goals after graduating.
- If English is not your mother tongue or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school, please enclose one of the following official certificate and scores:
5.1. TOEFL : minimum score of 500 points for the paper based test or 61 IBT.*
5.2. Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): grade C - Please also send the statement of results with your detailed profile.
5.3. IELTS: Academic Module minimum Overall Band Score 5.0 and min. 5.0 for each part (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
5.4 All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission. If on application, your official English test results are not available, applicants will be required to take the Les Roches Marbella English entrance exam, and provide your official English results thereafter.
- A valid medical certificate.
Please note: the admissions requirements are guidelines and are subject to change at any time.